PIÑONES-LOIZA: ROOTS & CULTURE
A two (2) hour driving & walking tour with short stops to hike along the boardwalk nature trail bordering the Atlantic Ocean coastline and beach areas northeast of the LMM International Airport area over the “Boca de Cangrejos” bridge within the Piñones State Mangrove Forest ecosystem. Join us for an easygoing, private, educational, and exciting guided tour featuring the flora and fauna of the area, importance of the area during the British siege of 1797. Stops will be made to savor the famous Afro-Caribbean cuisine as featured on the Travel Channel and Food Network, and hang out with the locals in a casual atmosphere.
Two (2) hours from 3:00 am to 5:00 PM
- Guided tour
- Luxury limousine transportation
- Bottle of water
- Local taxes on transportation
Flat rate for single travelers (1) or up to six (6) persons=$127.
(For 6 persons=less than $22 p.p.)
- 3:00PM Pick up from San Juan metropolitan area
- 3:25 COPI Cultural Information Center/Laguna Torrecilla
- 3:45 Boca Cangrejos Beach area and reef
- 4:00 Kioskos Terraplen/Piñones State Forest trail
- 4:15 Aviones Body boarding/Surf watching beach area
- 4:30 Stop to savor local treats Alcapurrias, Bacalaitos, Coconut water, etc.
- 4:45 Return to drop-off location
- 5:00PM Arrive at drop-off location