SAN JUAN: A TASTE OF RUM & HISTORY
Join us for an easygoing, private, educational, and exciting five (5) hour guided driving and walking tour of the 16th century colonial and once completely walled city of Old San Juan, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the San Juan Bay area including the Casa Don Q Museum, the Bacardi Rum Distillery across the bay in Cataño, where you will visit the world’s largest distillery of rum and experience the culture & history of the rum making process and sample the different products available.
The tour also includes transportation and a panoramic luxury ride past areas once inhabited by the pre-Columbian indigenous Igneri and Taino populations; a stop at the Capitol plaza & buildings, admission and an easy walking tour through the Fort San Cristobal and stops along historic cobblestone streets passing the Castillo San Felipe del Morro (Fort El Morro), Casa Blanca (the house of the Ponce de Leon family), La Plazoleta de la Rogativa, featuring an interesting sculpture by the late artist and long-time resident of Old San Juan commemorating the legend of the British attack and blockade of the entrance to the bay in April 1797, the original San Juan Gate, La Fortaleza (Governor’s Mansion) with free time to explore the Plaza de Armas, shopping area, and savor the local snacks and refreshments.
The Condado Lagoon and the San Antonio Channel will also be described as well as the importance of the San Geronimo del Boqueron Fort, Escambron/Estadio Sixto Escobar, Playa 8, the Dos Hermanos bridges, the Caribe Hilton, Ventana del Mar Plaza & other Condado features.
Five (5) hours from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Guided tour
- Luxury limousine transportation
- Entrance fees to attractions and museums
- Bottle of water
- Sample of local spirits (by others)
- Local taxes
Flat rate for single travelers (1) or up to six (6) persons=$ 339.
(For 6 persons=$56.50 p.p.)
- 9:00am Pick up from San Juan metropolitan area
- 9:25 Igneri indigenous site, Capitol Plaza/building of Puerto Rico, Fort San Cristobal advanced glacis
(drop off at Capitolio Plaza for 5 minutes)
- 9:30 Tour of Fort San Cristobal (45 minutes)
- 10:15- Back cobblestone streets drive of Old San Juan shopping district, El Morro, Ballaja, Casa Blanca, La Rogativa, La Fortaleza, Puerto Rico Conservation Trust headquarters in Casa Ramon Powers
- 10:30 Casa Don Q-Museum-Old San Juan
- 11:00 Snack/Lunch/Shopping break near Plaza Armas to Barrandillas (on own 15 min.)
- 11:15 Depart for Ventana del Mar
- 11:30 Visit Playa 8, Escambron/Estadio Sixto Escobar, Caribe Hilton, Fort San Geronimo de Boqueron, Condado
- 12:00 Condado (Drop off-15 min.)
- 12:15 Depart for Cataño
- 12:30 Casa Bacardi Rum Distillery (drop off-tours by others)
- 1:30-Return Metropolitan area
- 2:00 Arrive at drop-off location